Thursday, September 30, 2010
Pink Warriors
Last weekend, Keri, our new friend, Katie, and I took a bold stand in the fight against breast cancer as we participated in the Susan G. Komen 3 Day for the Cure. My mom dropped us off at a park in Redmond and we proceeded to walk 23 miles through Woodinville, Bothell (by Woodside), Mill Creek and we ended up at Kasch Park by Boeing in Everett. We arrived to a sea of hot pink tents and 3,000 of the most generous and supportive strangers I'd ever come across. Saturday, our 22 mile journey took us by my house to the Legion Park in the far north of Everett, south by Georgio's Pizza, and ending up back at Kasch Park. The highlight of day 2 was definitely walking by Jen and Bren's yard filled with friends and family cheering us on. We awoke on day 3 to terrible rain and wind. We were bussed to Northgate in Seattle where we began our 15 mile journey around Capital Hill, along the waterfront and finally ending up at Memorial Stadium at the Seattle Center. The highlight of day 3 was seeing AP as we came down the homestretch. I walked to honor the courage my grandma, great grandma and she showed in their fight against breast cancer. Sean graciously hosted a dinner for 12 people at his house to celebrate the journey that Ker and I had just finished. I am one lucky girl to have such amazingly strong and generous people in my life! Thank you so much for your support! I was able to raise almost 2,500 dollars for breast cancer research!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment